Campsite reservations at Voyageurs National Park, or to check on campsite availability, are handled through the U.S. Government website recreation.gov. The 5 Step process below will help guide you through the reservation website and with pictures to assist at each step through the booking process.
How to reserve a frontcountry or backcountry camping site & canoe in Voyageurs National Park – in 5 Steps
Estimated Time: 10 Minutes
Voyageurs National Park campsite reservation instructions for Recreation.gov with pictures and helpful links
- Step 1: Navigate to recreation.gov
- Type in https://www.recreation.gov into your browser and press enter.
- TIP - Bookmark the link https://www.recreation.gov/camping/campgrounds/249981 for quick access to the reservation system.
- In the main site search - type in "Voyageurs National Park Camping Permits"
- Select the "Voyageurs National Park Camping Permits" listing in the dropdown result or select "View Detail" from the search results page.
- Before building your itinerary, view the park ALERTS for important official notifications, part conditions and or advisory material.
- Click the "Build Itinerary" button.
- Enter your group size in the appropriate input field and optionally narrow your campsites using the available filters or search feature.
- Enter your trip dates.
- Select the checkin and checkout dates for any available campsite.
- TIP - Click the campsite name for an image of the campsite location.
- Click the "Book Now" button.
- Sign-in to your account or register for a new account.
- OPTIONAL: For available backcountry campsites - choose to reserve a canoe or row-boat with your site for an additional $ per day fee.
- Click "Reserve" button.
- TIP - The campsite will be reserved for ~15 minutes while you confirm payment of the reservation.
- Click "Proceed to Payment" button.
- Enter your payment details.
- Review and confirm reservation details.
- Click "Confirm" to confirm the payment. A confirmation email will be sent to your account email address.
DISCLAIMER: Explore.Voyageurs is a private funded website and not in anyway affiliated, funded, endorsed or assisted by the Federal, State, or any Local Governments. While we strive to ensure the accuracy of the information on our site - we do sometimes learn of outdated campsites, details, images or other general information from time-to-time. The information on our site should be confirmed with the National Park website and.or the reservation website.